Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13223 times
Cabbage Dosa is truly an innovative recipe of enjoying the traditional dosa with finely chopped cabbage added along with onions and chillies into the dosa batter. Relish this crispy thin cabbage dosas with chutney of choice.
- Soak rice for 1-2 hours.
- Grind the soaked rice with grated coconut, red chillies, asafoetida, salt, tamarind and turmeric to coarse but thick paste.
- Add very little water while grinding.
- The consistency of the batter should be such that you can pat the dosa on the tava.
- Add finely chopped cabbage and onion to the ground paste.
- Heat the tava and pat the above mixture with the help of a spoon/ladle.
- Add a litle oil.
- When cooked turn the dosa on the other side till golden brown.
- Serve hot with pickle.
This recipe was contributed by mrsmohan on 16 Feb 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.