Cabbage, Carrot and Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74854 times
A sumptuous soup of nutritious vegetable stock thickened with white sauce, the cabbage, carrot and onion soup stands out because of the addition of chopped veggies that provide a refreshing crunch to creamy soup. As always, a dash of pepper is all it takes to flavour this wholesome soup.
Add your private note
Cabbage, Carrot and Onion Soup recipe - How to make Cabbage, Carrot and Onion Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Cut all the vegetables into big pieces. Add 6 cups of water and cook in a kadhai for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When cooked, pass through a sieve and keep the water aside and discard the vegetables.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the white sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.