Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7632 times
A delicious south indian rasam recipe. . Serve this piping hot with rice or idlis!
- Heat a tava and roast all the ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer into a smooth powder.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp rasam powder to the buttermilk and mix well.
- Put on a slow flame and simmer for a minute, taking care not to boil it.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Pour this tempering to the rasam and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by padmapriyasuresh on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.