Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6070 times
This biscuits are soft and not like our Indian biscuits.
they go well with a bowl of soup. (any soup)
you can eat'em as snack too.
do not overdo this biscuits as they do not taste good.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.(180-200 degrees c).
- In a mixing bowl,combine the dry ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Cream in the shortening with your fingers or a fork,until the mixture
- Resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the buttermilk a little at a time and, using your hands or
- A fork, work it in just until its thoroughly incorporated
- And you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Do not overwork or overhandle the dough.
- Lightly floured surface, rollout the dough with a rolling pin
- To a circle about inches in diameter, 1/2-inch thick.
- Using a small round cookie cutter or the rim of a shot glass, press
- Out twelve 1-inch rounds.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown,
- About 15 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by Pintoo on 03 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.