Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6285 times
Butter paneer is a tempting paneer or cottage cheese recipe with succulent paneer cubes cooked in a rich buttery(makhani) gravy. Devour butter paneer with naans or roomali roti.
- Heat 1/2 the butter in a pan, add the paneer and saute till it turns to golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in the same pan, add the onion paste and ginger-garlic paste, mix well and saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the chilli powder, garam masala, sugar, salt and tomato puree, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the paneer and 150 ml water, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer futher for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.