Butter Milk Khichdi
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17693 times
Butter milk khichdi is a simple but delicious rice recipe with crushed mixed nuts and buttermilk added while cooking the rice. The buttermilk khichdi is tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chilies.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, add the dals and nuts and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the buttermilk and bring to boil.
- Add the salt and rice, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame till the rice is cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sweetyparekh on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.