Butter Cookies and Sweet Milk Jam
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7303 times
You can use condensed milk instead
of milk and sugar for making milk jam.
- In a glass bowl,mix together cornstarch, flour,soda and baking powder.
- Add butter, sugar and eggyolks,one by one,and mix well.
- In another bowl,mix well the vanilla essence and lemon rind and knead into the cornstarch mixture.
- Roll out the dough and make rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Place on a buttered bakingsheet and bake in an oven at a moderate heat.
- Spread the milkjam on one cookie and place another on top.
- Use up all the cookies this way.
- Bring the milk to boil.
- Add the sugar,vanilla and soda.
- Cook over a high heat,stirring continuously, till it turns a brownish colour and has a thick consistency.
- Remove from fire,set aside and leave to cool.
This recipe was contributed by jefseena on 12 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.