Butter Cookies Stuffed with Cashewnuts
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 457 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9983 times
The moment you think of butter cookies, you are reminded of its melt-in-the-mouth texture. Well, these butter cookies too melt in your mouth, but they give way to an exciting surprise inside!
Butter Cookies Stuffed with Cashewnuts is a treat you will never forget, with its pleasant vanilla-tinged flavour and nutty filling. Both the texture and taste of these cookies are so interesting, that you cannot resist the temptation to have one more.
A jar snack that is sure to entice you and your family and also perfect for a high tea buffet spread .
- Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and cream using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour and mix well using a spatula.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and cream using a spatula.
- Add the cashewnuts and mix well using a spatula. Keep aside.
- Place the dough on a flat, dry surface dusted with plain flour and roll into a 200 mm. X 225 mm. (10 " x 11") rectangle.
- Cut the rolled dough into 50 mm. X 50 mm. (2” x 2”) equal square pieces to get 30 squares in all using a sharp knife.
- Place 15 squares on a baking tray, put little of the prepared cashewnut mixture on each square.
- Sandwich it with the remaining 15 squares and press it gently.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c(360°f) for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely and store it in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||137.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.