Butter Cookies By kavitakj
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8469 times
The yummy butter taste in these lovely Butter cookies make these evening cookies a must try recipe. Quite easy to bake, these butter cookies can be enjoyed topped with jam or maple syrup.
Add your private note
Butter Cookies By kavitakj recipe - How to make Butter Cookies By kavitakj
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Beat butter until soft and creamy for around two minutes with an electric hand mixer (on the medium speed setting).
- Add sugar gradually, beating well.
- Add the egg and beat in.
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and cream of tartar; add to butter mixture with the hand mixer, beating at low speed just until blended. stir in vanilla.
- Shape dough into a ball. roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness on wax paper.
- Cut into desired shapes and place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle dough with sugar crystals before baking.
- Bake at 350°c for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks and decorate if desired.
This recipe was contributed by kavitakj on 12 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.