Butter Palak Paneer
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31568 times
Butter palak paneer or a vegetable dish with spinach and cottage cheese cooked together in creamy rich gravy. The butter adds to the aroma and the flavour of the dish which is best enjoyed with naans.
- Boil the spinach in 2 cups of water, drain and keep aside. Preserve the water in which spinach was boiled.
- Blend the spinach in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the bay leaf and cinnamon stick and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onion paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and the remaining dry and saute on a slow flame, till the above mixture becomes dry.
- Add spinach puree, salt and saute for 15 minutes or till the spinach is cooked.
- Add the paneer pieces and enough water and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and cream.
This recipe was contributed by stuti80 on 04 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.