Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3055 times
1. add some hot gingerly oil and ghee when serving. it'll add the taste of the bath.
2. it should be slightly loose in consistency. if it becomes thick, then add some hot water and mix it well.
- Wash rice and tuvar dal separately and keep aside.
- In a kadai, put two spoons oil and fry dhania,chana dal, methi,red chillies,asafotida and kopra. when it is fried golden colour keep aside and grind it well in a mixi.
- Take the tamarind and remove pulp.
- In a pressure pan or cooker, add some 75 ml of gingelly oil add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Whenit is done, then add the tuvar dal and rice.
- Fry it for 2to 3 minutes.
- Then add the tamarind pulp.
- Add salt and turmeric pdr.
- When it starts boiling add the grinded masala and stir well.
- Add required water (for 1 tumbler rice add 3tumblers of water)
- Pressure cook it well for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil.
- Now busybela bath is ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by padmapriyasuresh on 15 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.