Burritos ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42237 times
With or without rajma, with one stuffing or the other, burritos are always a great option for a weekend snack as much as for a party – it is quite a meal in itself.
You can have a free hand with the stuffing and experiment with choices of your own – just ensure that they are healthy! You must always stuff the burritos as and when required to avoid sogginess; or to add an element of fun and freedom, you can let your guests stuff their own burritos! Cabbage and onions add crunch, while the mozzarella cheese enhances the flavour – every ingredient plays its part in making this a grand success.
Usually burritos are not cooked, but you can cook it lightly in the microwave to just melt the cheese a wee bit. And of course, don’t forget to serve with chilled tomato salsa!
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mash lightly with the back of a spoon. Keep refrigerated to allow the flavours to blend.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes till the onions turn translucent, while stirring continuously.
- Add the green chillies, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, paneer, salt and pepper, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a tortilla on flat, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing on one end of the tortilla.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the tomato salsa evenly over the stuffing and top with 1 tbsp of cabbage, 1 tbsp of spring onion greens and 1 tsp of cheese.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly, starting from the end where the stuffing is placed.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 7 more burritos.
- Serve immediately with tomato salsa.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 66 calories|
|Protein|| 3.8 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 8.4 gm|
|Fat|| 2.2 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 38.4 mg|
|Calcium|| 85.0 mg|
|Folic acid|| 16.2 mcg|
|Vitamin A|| 509.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.0 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.