Bulgur Wheat and Paneer Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 129 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9843 times
Bulgur wheat has a rustic flavour and chewy texture, which makes it popular amongst many people. Not only that, it is also quite satiating and wholesome making it a wonderful alternative to rice. Here is a delicious pulao made with broken wheat and paneer perked up with other veggies and simple spices. A dash of lemon juice and chopped coriander add a real peppy touch to the Bulgur Wheat and Paneer Pulao, making it a tongue-tickling delight!
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the bulgur wheat and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables, paneer, 1 cup of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the coriander and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.