Bulgur Wheat and Paneer Pulao ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 182 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71045 times
Pulao is usually associated with rice. However, it could also offer an interesting route to introduce your child to other cereals.
Here, for example, we have made a unique pulao with fibre-rich bulgur wheat in combination with paneer. While paneer is rich in protein and calcium, the addition of carrot adds vitamin A too!
Serve this appealing Bulgur Wheat and Paneer Pulao with fresh curds to make a complete meal.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the broken wheat and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, paneer, salt and ¾ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Garnish with coriander and serve lukewarm.
- Broken wheat is also known as bulgur wheat.
Nutrient values for 1 cup
|Energy|| 229 kcal|
|Protein|| 8.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 26.6 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 474.5 mcg|
|Calcium|| 189.1 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.