Bulgur Wheat Stuffed Mini Bellpeppers
by Anu Nagaraja
This recipe has been viewed 1519 times
Vegan, healthy appetizer with mini peppers stuffed with bulgar wheat with spices baked in the oven.
- firstly cook the bulgur wheat in boiling water as advised on the packaging.
- while the bulgur is cooking, chop up the onion, crush the garlic, prep the peppers by carefully removing the green stem part, slitting each one through the middle forming 2 cup like portions
- Remove the seeds and the whitish parts inside. Keep them ready.
- Drizzle few drops of olive oil on the baking tray and paint it all over. Keep this ready
- Heat a pan, add the whole coriander seeds, cumin and red chili and dry roast them until you see the coriander turning a shade darker.
- Cool and blend in a mixer into a powder. Keep aside
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil, add the peanuts and roast them until they turn golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate and once cooled grind to a coarse powder using the same grinder. Keep aside
- in the same pan, add another tsp of olive oil, add chopped onion. stir and cook adding a pinch of salt until the edges turn slightly brown.
- Add the garlic and stir, cook again until they turn golden-brown
- now, add the spice powder, stir for few seconds, add powdered peanuts, mix again.
- Add the cooked bulgur wheat, lemon juice, salt to taste. mix well and witch off the heat.
- Using a spoon place the stuffing into each half of the peppers, pushing them well inside to set.
- Arrange the stuffed peppers on the baking tray and spray with cooking spray all over the peppers and bake at 190 deg C for 20 min or until they peppers shrivel and appear cooked.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This recipe was contributed by Anu Nagaraja on 06 Dec 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.