Buckwheat Groats Porridge, Apple Porridge, Healthy Breakfast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 5673 times
A satiating, tasty and nutri-dense porridge is the best way to start your day, and we strongly recommend this Buckwheat Groats Porridge.
Buckwheat Groats is the tiny triangular hulled seed of the buckwheat plant. It is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, and brings down cholesterol and blood pressure.
It’s a great source of minerals like iron , phosphorous and potassium, and gives you ample calcium too. With buckwheat groats, you get nearly the whole spectrum of B-vitamins, especially thiamine and niacin. All these health benefits make buckwheat groats a sought-after food.
Its grain-like properties also make it easy to include in your diet. You can roast it and add it to salads and cereals, or cook it into a porridge as we have suggested here. We have thrown in some apples, and used almond milk instead of plain milk, to boost the health benefits further and good for Vegans .
You can use red apple instead of green apple if you wish, and sweeten the Buckwheat Groats, Apple Porridge pleasantly with maple syrup or honey. You can enjoy this tasty porridge warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.
You can also try Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge or Chocolate Oatmeal Recipe .
- Combine 2½ cups of water, cinnamon and in a deep non-stick pan and bring it to boil.
- Add the buckwheat, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Discard the cinnamon and transfer it in a bowl to cool it completely.
- Add the almond milk and honey and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in two different bowls and top it with ½ cup of apples evenly over each bowl.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.