Brown Velvet Dessert
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6932 times
A fabulous dessert recipe with appealing looks and great taste, the Brown velvet dessert is as exotic as it sounds. A simple frozen dessert recipe, the dish has chocolate sauce at the bottom and then bread crumbs, sugar syrup, roasted almonds and fresh cream as topping in layers. A rich and delectable dessert recipe which does not require any baking or cooking.
- Mix all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan and stir till it thickens.
- Always keep on low flame.
- The butter should be added at the final stage after the sauce is made.
- And when done too keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, spread chocolate sauce on the bowl.
- Pile the first layer with bread, second layer with a little sugar syrup, third layer with rum(optional)or roasted almonds and walnuts
- Fourth layer with demerara sugar with chocolate sauce, fifth layer with fresh cream (in circles) for the final presentation.
- Repeat process (bread/sugar syrup/demerara sugar/chocolate sauce/fresh cream) and give it a final touch for the presentation.
- Cover it well and freeze for ½ hour.
- (you can set it for 2 hours covered with foil and then use tinned cherries)
This recipe was contributed by sowmyadesaraju on 20 Jan 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.