Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5325 times
Switch over to fiber rich and nutrient dense Brown bread from the refined flour based nutrient deficient white breads. Learn the way to prepare brown bread at home with this easy bread recipe.
Add your private note
Brown Bread recipe - How to make Brown Bread
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Sieve the flour. make a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast, sugar and a little warm water.
- Wait for at least 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbles come on top.
- Add the butter and salt.
- Make a soft dough by adding some more warm water.
- Knead for 2 minutes. leave for 20 minutes and knead again for a while.
- Shape into a loaf and press into greased loaf tin with your fingers. if you wish to make buns or small loaves, shape accordingly and arrange on a greased baking tin.
- Wait for at least 25 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 150 degree c ( 300 degree f) and bake further for 15 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by sairam0203 on 12 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.