by Foodie #10423
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3734 times
A layered dessert or sweet side dish recipe, brown betty is prepared by layering the bread crumbs with fruits, brown sugar, dried fruits and lime juice. Top the mixture with bread rumbs and bake till brown. Enjoy the exotic looking and delicious brown betty warm with ice cream.
- Crumb mixture-mix 11/2 cup biscuit crumbs with 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Fruit layer-prepare21/2 cup peeled&diced apples and pineapples.
- Seasoned sugar-mix 1/2 cup brown sugar with 1 tsp. lemon rind,itsp vanilla essence,1/2tsp.cinamon pwd,1/4 tspjaiphal pwd,1/4 tsp salt.
- Dry fruit layer-clean and wash 1/2 cup raisins.
- Lemon juice mixture-mix 2tbsp.lemon juice with 6 tbsp. of water.
- Place 1/3 of the crumb mixture in an 8"greased baking bowl.top with half of the fruit layer,seasoned sugar,half of the dry fruit layer,half of the lemon juice mixture.
- Cover with1/3 of the crumb mixture.repeat once again.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 25 min in a pre heated oven at 175degree f or 180 degrees c.
- Serve warm with vanilla custard or ice cream.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #10423 on 07 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.