Brown Bread Canapes
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11076 times
Toasted circular pieces of brown bread buttered and baked with various seasonings of cheese, egg, vegetables, etc.
- Spread the butter evenly on all bread slices.
- Grease 8 aluminum bowls.
- Press 1 slice of bread into each bowl so that it can take the shape of the bowl in which it is place.
- Trim off the extra portion.
- Repeat same with all the slices.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree c for 10 minutes and bake the canopies till brown and crisp.
- Loosen the sides, take out the canopies and set aside.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl, except the ketchup and cheese.
- Fill the bread canopies with the stuffing and add a dash of ketchup on top of each and grate the cheese.
- Bake them again before serving for 5 minutes
This recipe was contributed by anjienierohit on 12 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.