Broken Wheat Upma
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10533 times
this authentic recipe was learned by me from my friend residing in south India. this recipe-broken wheat upma is really useful for people suffering with diabetes,it is very tasty and more fibrous and less sugar absorbing and is delicious for dieters too!
- Heat oil in a heavy pan.
- Add the seeds,dal and fry on low till light golden.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves and onions.stir and fry till the onions are light brown in colour
- Add the tomato and mixed vegetables. add salt to taste.
- Close pan for tomatoes and vegetables to cook for 5 mins.
- Pour in 2 cups boiling water and stir well. bring water to a boil.
- Add the the broken wheat and close pan for wheat to cook on medium fire for 3 mins. bring to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Mould into a greased cup and unmould onto serving plate.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by telimeenal on 18 Sep 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.