Broken Wheat Upma ( Fun Food For Children)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 759 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 161278 times
Break out of the routine! reach out for the wheat dalia jar rather than for semolina when you make breakfast tomorrow. Wheat has ample protein, calcium, fibre and other nutrients essential for an energetic and healthy lifestyle. You can make the broken wheat upma attractive to kids by adding their favourite veggies including colourful carrots and green peas.
- Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly. Blanch it in 2 cups of hot water for 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the onion and green chilli and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the peas, carrots, broken wheat and salt and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve hot.
- You can use any other vegetables of your choice.
- Bulgur wheat or broken wheat is also called "Cracked Wheat" and is available at any grocer.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.