Broken Wheat, Oats and Apple Porridge
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 459 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51606 times
A winning combo of two power-packed cereals, broken wheat and oats, in a tasty package, the Broken Wheat, Oats and Apple Porridge is an ideal breakfast for your kids! They will love the creamy texture and fruity flavour of this porridge, plus the fact that it’s easy to finish when in a hurry.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the broken wheat and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the oats and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the sugar and apples, while the porridge is hot and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Serve warm.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.