Broken rice tamarind upma
This recipe has been viewed 2055 times
Add your private note
Broken rice tamarind upma recipe - How to make Broken rice tamarind upma
Cooking Time: Total Time:
broken rice rava- 1 cup
Thin tamarind water - 1 ½ cups ( tamarind level is optional)
Oil - 2 tbsp ( on the higherside)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Gram dhal - 2 tsp
Curd chillies, broken - 5,6 (or to taste)
Hing - 1 tsp
Salt, curry leaves
- Soak both dhals in water for 30 mts & drain – this is to make them crisp in tempering.
- Mix rava, tamarind water,
- Heat oil, temper as given one by one.
- Wait till the curd chillies turn dark brown.
- Add the prepared mixture, stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame when boiling starts.
- Close with a plate & pour hot water in it.when it is completely cooked, remove.
- Tamarind upma is ready to serveserve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by gsaikripa on 24 Jan 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.