Broccoli with Spicy Chick Pea Sauce
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5788 times
Broccoli with Spicy Chick Pea Sauce is a taste bud appealing vegetable dish with broccoli enrobed in a spicy chickpea or bean based sauce. The beans are blenderised with curd, garlic, lime juice and seasonings and then spooned over the blanched florets of broccoli.
- In a food processor or blender, whirl the chick peas, yogurt, garlic, water, oil, lemon juice, cumin, red pepper, and salt for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Cut the florets off the broccoli and peel and slice the stems 1/2" thick.
- Arrange the broccoli in a steamer or colander and set over boiling water in a large saucepan.
- Cover and steam for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish.
- Spoon the sauce over the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Serve with roast lamb or chicken.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.