Broccoli with Red Pepper Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 228 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19342 times
As if red capsicum is not peppy enough, this tongue-tickling red pepper sauce combines Tabasco sauce and mixed herbs too, in a white sauce like base. This finger-licking sauce forms the perfect base for crunchy veggies like broccoli and onions, as you will realize when you try this recipe. To ensure that your Broccoli with Red Pepper Sauce offers the best texture and flavour, top the veggies with the sauce just before serving.
- Combine enough water and capsicum in a deep non-stick pan and blanch the capsicum on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Drain and cool completely. Once cooled blend in a mixer to a smooth purée without using any water.
- Transfer the puree in a bowl, add the cornflour and mix well.
- Combine the butter, red capsicum-cornflour purée, mixed herbs, tobasco sauce, milk and salt in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, place the broccoli mixture on a serving plate and top with the red pepper sauce evenly over it and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.