Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6335 times
Perk up the nutrient content of your menu with this warm and healthy Broccoli-cheddar soup. The broccoli spears simply blend with the cheddar cheese in this delectable hot soup recipe which is best enjoyed with bread sticks.
Add your private note
Broccoli-cheddar Soup recipe - How to make Broccoli-cheddar Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups broccoli, potato, garlic powder, broth, and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Place half of broccoli mixture in container of a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl.
- Repeat procedure with remaining broccoli mixture. return broccoli puree to pan; add cheese, milk, pepper, and remaining 2 cups broccoli.
- Cook over medium heat 4 minutes, or until broccoli is just tender, stirring until cheese melts.
This recipe was contributed by afrin on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.