Broccoli and Pasta In Garlic Butter
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11897 times
Broccoli and pasta in garlic sauce deftly Combines the crisp florets of broccoli or cauliflower with pasta wheels for an easy but delicious side dish. The pasta dish is made healthier by addition of greens and tastier by adding herbs. A contrasting taste of crisp broccoli with soft pasta and delectable garlic flavours.
- In a large saucepan or pasta pot bring 3 quarts ater to boiling.
- Add pasta. reduce heat slightly.
- Boil, uncovered, for 12-14 minutes, or till aldente,stirring ocasionally.
- Immediately drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook broccoli or cauliflower flowerets and basil, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or till crisp-tender.
- Drain well. in a large skillet cook the garlic in hot margarine or butter
- And olive oil or cooking oil for about 5 minutes, or till garlic is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Remove garlic from skillet and discard. add broccoli or cauliflower flowerets to warm skillet and toss to coat with margarine-oilmixture; heat through.
- Add hot cooked pasta and romano or parmesan cheese and toss to mix.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish.
- If desired, sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by mushu on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.