Broccoli and Almond Soup ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38788 times
Whether you compare them on the basis of flavour, colour or texture, broccoli and almonds make a rare but winning combination! now, i wouldn’t say this is easy or quick, but the result is definitely worth the time and effort. Ask for flavour, and you can enjoy the best of both broccoli and almonds, further enhanced by the onions. Ask for aroma, and that of celery is unbeatable. Ask for texture, and the crunchiness of the almonds is sure to satisfy your wish. Ask for compliments, and you will get a lot of it from your guests without having to ask!
- Combine the broccoli stalks and 2½ cups of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, onions, celery and garlic, mix well and microwave on high for 12 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend it in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer it to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, salt, pepper and almonds and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 2½ minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||492.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.