Broccoli Tikki ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 83% LIKED IT
5 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59455 times
This cheesy and crunchy delicacy is sure to steal the hearts of both young and old alike. The dish, otherwise stuffed with mozzarella cheese cubes, is stuffed with low-fat paneer and very little cheese to give it a healthy twist. Instead of 6 big tikkis you can also make 10 small tikkis.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the potatoes and cornflour and mix well.
- Shape each tikki into flat rounds.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression.
- Place very little paneer-cheese stuffing in the centre of each round and roll again to make a 25 mm. (1”) flat round tikki.
- Grease the tava (griddle), using 1/2 tsp of oil and cook the tikkis using the remaining 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
|Energy|| 54 cal|
|Protein|| 3.2 gm|
|CHO|| 7.3 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.4 gm|
|Calcium|| 112.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.