Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5722 times
Broccoli Soup brings out the goodness of broccoli in a thick delicious and healthy hot soup recipe. Enjoy as appetizer or as a side dish with breads and salads of choice.
- Divide the broccoli into small flowerets and cut off the stems.
- Peel the large stems and chop all the stems.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pam over medium heat and add onions and carrot cooik for 3-4 min,stirring frequently,until the onion is soft.
- Add the broccoli stems,rice,water,bay leaf and a pinch of salt.bring just to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 min.
- Add the the floerets to the pan and cook,covered for 15-20 min until rice is cooked.
- Remove the bay leaf
- Stir in the cream and cheese cream season the soop with nutmeg ,salt and pepper bring it to a boil.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with croutons.
This recipe was contributed by pampy on 19 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.