by Foodie #537516
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11751 times
Tasty spicy and interested to try a variety of nutritious low calorie rice. Then thats it. . Go for this delicious recipe. . . .
- Wash and put the rice in a microwave safe bowl, add enough water and salt, mix well and microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes or till almost cooked.Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cinnamon and cloves powder, onions, chillies, broccoli florets, green peas and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and some water, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for more mins.
- Add the above mixture to the rice placed in the microwave which is 75% cooked, mix well and microwave on HIGH for 7 more minutes.
- Serve hot with raita.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #537516 on 25 Aug 2011Hi,
Im Mrs.Vidya Bhaskar ,currently living in Cayman Islands hailing from India..Im interested to...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.