Broccoli Paruppu Usili
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6983 times
A traditional recipe made using broccoli. . .
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes and drain. Keep aside.
- Soak the bengal gram in warm water for 2 hours along with the dried red chillies.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with salt, asafoetida, ginger, curry leaves and coriander to a coarse paste.
- Transfer in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high till the paste firms up.
- Cool and cut into chunks and blend in a mixer without adding water to a smooth powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle and the dal starts changing its colour, add the powdered gram mixture and saute for 2 minutes or till the oil is absorbed and the powder starts changing its colour.
- Add the steamed broccoli, salt, mix well and saute it for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with rasam and rice.
This recipe was contributed by Dsj on 19 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.