Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15381 times
This is a very low calorie nutritious recipe. the key is in adding the salt at the right point in the cooking process. this will result in the vegetable letting out its flavor and will cook in its own juices.
eat this dish as a snack on its own, or with phulkas.
Add your private note
Broccoli Masala recipe - How to make Broccoli Masala
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1) 1 big crown of broccoli
2) 3 tblspns Yellow moong dhal
3) 3-4 dried red chillies broken into 1/2 inch pieces
4) 1 teaspoon oil
5) 5-6 curry leaves
6) 1 teaspoon Jeera
7) 1/2 teasppon mustard seeds
8) Salt to taste
9) Lime juice as per taste
- 1) cut broccoli into flowerets and clean well.
- 2) clean and soak moong dhal in water for about 15 minutes. in the mean time, continue with the recipie.
- 3) heat the oil in a kadai.
- 4) add the musturd seeds.
- 5) once the seeds splutter, add the jeera, red chillies and curry leaves.
- 6) drain the moong dhal and add to the kadai at this point.
- 7) keep stirring, since the moong dhal will stick to the kadai.
- 8) add 1/4 cup of water, stirring from time to time till the moong dhal is half cooked.
- 9) add the broccoli flowerets and salt to taste.
- 10) stir well. cover and cook till the broccoli is tender, stir occasionally. adjust salt at this point.
- 11) when the broccoli and moong dhal is cooked to the texture you want, remove from fire.
- 12) pour in the lemon/ lime juice and mix well.
This recipe was contributed by recipieseeker on 12 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.