Broccoli Burger ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25672 times
A burger with an exotic feel, this one can be made without much thought as broccoli is easily available in markets these days. The real flavour of this burger lies in cooking the broccoli to perfection, as over- or under-cooking will ruin the aroma, appearance and true flavour of the vegetable. Parsley, olives and mustard paste lend a variety of intriguing flavours to the otherwise bland mayonnaise making the spread quite tantalising. Serve the brocolli burger with an interesting accompaniment such as dill potatoes and carrots, to make a perfect party treat.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes or till the broccoli is almost cooked.
- Remove from the flame, add the potatoes, cornflour and salt and mix well.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cutlet in the plain flour mixture and roll it in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the mayonnaise on the buttered side of all the bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-mayonnaise side facing up.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf, a cutlet and 1 cheese slice over it.
- Apply 2 tbsp of the parsley mayonnaise spread and place 2 cucumber slices, 1 tomato slice and 1 onion slice over it.
- Finally sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered-mayonnaise side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve immediately with dill potatoes and carrots.
Nutrient values per burger
|Vitamin A||5643.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin B2||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||13.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||185.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||304.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.