by Foodie #Indira
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21919 times
Broccoli bahaar is best relished with rice or chapathi. It can be had as a snack too. It is good to have 3 to 4 servings of broccoli in a week. Broccoli is a power house of nutrition. It is a rich source of calcium, vitamin c, and folic acid. Broccoli is a strong antioxidant and prevents the onset of osteoporosis. It is beneficial for pregnant women too.
Add your private note
Broccoli Bahaar recipe - How to make Broccoli Bahaar
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Chop the onions lengthwise.
- Crush the garlic a bit and slit the green chilies into halves.
- Heat oil in a tawa, add the garlic and fry for sometime.
- When it turns golden brown add chopped onions and sauté till it becomes translucent.
- Add green chillies and saute for 1 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and mix well and cover the tawa with a lid and let it cook for a while on a medium flame.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Put salt to taste when broccoli is half cooked(the broccoli should not become very tender, it should be little crisp even after cooking).
- Add vinegar and mix slowly.
- Finally add the coconut and stir for a while.
- Serve hot with rice or chapathi.
- Broccoli bahaar can be had even as a snack.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #Indira on 20 Aug 2012Hi I am Indira, living in Kerala.My native place is Karnataka and I am extremely passionate about co...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.