Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 13881 times
A lovely rice recipe ,Brinji rice is prepared in a rice cooker with the fried onions, tomatoes, brinji leaves and ginger garlic paste added to the raw rice and then cooked together. Enjoy the brinji rice piping hot with fresh coriander leaves as garnish.
- Wash rice, drain well,
- Fry in butter on low flame for 8-10 mins till rice is crisp -
- Put into the electric cooker bucket & keep.
- In a kadai (wok) add oil
- When hot add the whole spices, bay leaves, curry leaves & fry till the cloves pop up,
- Now add the onions & fry till brown,
- Lower flame -add slit green chillies, & ginger/garlic paste & fry for 3-4 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.