Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5209 times
Brinjal rice or vangi bhat is a traditional Indian rice preparation with stir fried spice filled brinjals or vangi added to the rice along with a selection of Indian spice powders and coconut shavings.
- Take the oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the mustard seeds start crackling add the curry leaves and green chillies.
- Add the onions and fry till it becomes slightly brown.
- Toss in the chopped brinjals and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Fry the coriander seeds, bengal gram dal and the red chillies in oil till it becomes light brown in colour and then grind coarsely into a powder.
- Add the garam masala, salt and the prepared powder and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the boiled rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with papads,chips or raita.
This recipe was contributed by s_swetha80 on 19 Feb 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.