Brinjal and Cabbage Kofta Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21180 times
The gravy and the koftas are unique in this recipe. The kofta, for its part, uses a rare combination of vegetables like eggplant and cabbage; while the gravy uses an even more extraordinary combination of tamarind water and gram flour spiced with a dry masala. As a finishing touch the arrangement is laced with cream, and you have a wondrous dish on the table!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a small round ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the besan and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the tamarind water, dry masala, salt, sugar, cream and 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, re-heat the gravy, add the koftas and cream, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||311.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||27.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||44.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.