Brinjal Rice ( Zero Oil Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58094 times
Brinjal has a unique flavour that is enhanced by the masala used in this dish. Grind the masala fresh every time, for that tantalizing aroma! Brinjal is rich in both calcium and folic acid, making this dish a nutritional treat too! The Brinjal cook fast, so cook it for just one whistle to avoid overcooking.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add all the ingredients and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside and allow it to cool completely.
- Transfer the mixture to the mixer and blend it to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and the prepared powder alongwith 2½ cups of hot water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 211 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.0 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 43.5 gm|
|Invisible fat|| 1.7 gm|
|Fibre|| 3.7 mg|
|Iron|| 1.0 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.