Brinjal Onion Kofta Pulao
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8427 times
Devour the appealing and flavorsome brinjal onion kofta pulav as a main course complete meal. The rice and brinjal-onion dumplings or koftas are cooked together along with whole spices. Serve the kofta pulav with fried cashew nuts as topping and raita as accompaniment.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds, coriander seeds and red chillies in a non-stick pan, till they turn brown.
- Add the coconut and roast for two minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Soak the dal and rice in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with salt and chillies into a smooth paste.
- Add curry leaves and onions and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into small equal balls and shape them int koftas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add the rice and saute till moisture is absorbed. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cashews and groundnuts and saute till they turn brown.
- Add the brinjals and turmeric powder and saute till the brinjals become tender.
- Add the tomato puree, rice and 1 cup of water, mix well and add the salt. O escape before opening the lid, mix well and add the masala powder and prepared koftas and toss well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by radhabaloo on 19 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.