Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8419 times
Brinjal kotsu is a south indian recipe to prepare brinjals or egg plants in spices, grated coconut and then seasoning it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies.
Add your private note
Brinjal Kotsu recipe - How to make Brinjal Kotsu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Apply a little oil on the brinjals and roast on an open flame , till it is cripsy brown and the outer skin breaks up.
- Keep aside.
- Add little water to the tamarind pulp and mix well and keep aside.
- Mash the roasted brinjals while it is hot and add the tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Add the salt and turmeric and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies and asfoetida and saute till the seeds crackle.
- Pour this tempering to the brinjals, mix well and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by anuspa on 19 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.