Brinjal Gujia ( Brinjal Bhajiyas)
This recipe has been viewed 7247 times
Great use of brinjals in making a delicious and unique recipe.
- Combine the tomato puree, garlic paste, ginger paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder and salt and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add this mixture to the flour, mix well and knead into a smooth dough using enough water. .
- Knead well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Drain the brinjals and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad pan, add the green chillies and brinjal and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the asafoetida, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame till the brinjals are soft and tender, while stirring once in between.
- Remove from the flame, add the salt, coriander, potatoes and cashewnut powder and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into small puris.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling at the center of each puri.
- Fold over to form a gunjia and seal the edges. Till they turn crispy and golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by rituaakash_001 on 16 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.