Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 15768 times
Brinjal imparts a unque flavour to the dal.
Add your private note
Brinjal Dal recipe - How to make Brinjal Dal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the brinjal and saute for few minutes.
- Add the mashed dal, 2 cups water and the remaining ingredients, mix well and boil for atleast 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Serve hot with rice, papap and pickle.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 31 Jan 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.