Brinjal Chutney By pearlie
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7798 times
Brinjal chutey is typically prewpared in South indian householfds and served to add a spicy touch to any meal.
- Wash & cut the brinjals into cubes – keep aside.
- Take a kadai (wok) add oil for frying the brinjal pcs.
- Fry till the brinjals change colour & are soft
- Remove from oil & keep aside to cool.
- When the brinjal pcs are cold, take a little of the fried brinjal pcs. & grind with the green chillies that turned red, along with the tamarind & salt to a fine paste & keep aside.
- Now take a kadai, pour the oil kept for seasoning
- When oil is hot add the seasoning ingredients & fry till mustard seeds crackle
- Add the chillie pwd, turmeric pwd. & fry on low heat for a minute or two- now add the ground paste & fry for a further 2 mins on low heat or till oil comes to the surface
- Now add the fried brinjal pcs. & asafetida powder.
- Mix well & continue to fryfor another 2-3 mins.
- On low heat. check the salt & add if required.
- Remove from heat
- cool .bottle & use.
This recipe was contributed by Pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.