Brinjal Chutney By niche4
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5408 times
A South Indian special chutney or side dish recipe, Brinjal chutney is prepared by blending together the brinjals with red chillies, salt and tamarind paste. A spicy and tangy brinjal chutney makes for an excellent accompaniment to appams and are also typically enjoyed with sambhar rice.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, when they begin to crackle,
- Add channa daal when it turns to golden brown colour
- Add chillies and brinjal and fry until brinjal turns little soft.
- Then add all the other ingredients and fry for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame.
- Allow to cool.
- Grind the above mixture.
- Can be eaten with dosa/idli and rice (tastes better with rice)
This recipe was contributed by niche4 on 01 Jul 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.