Added to 219 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8108 times
A nice variation to the South Indian staple, Bread utappa is prepared by coating the bread slices with a semolina and curd based mixture and then shallow frying them. Enjoy the bread uttapa with green chutney as snack.
- In a bowl add the beaten curds and semolina and mix it well.
- Add all the vegetables, except tomatoes,all the seasonings add a little water
- And mix well to make a batter with a coating consistency.
- Take a bread slice cut it into quaters and
- Apply the batter on it
- Put some tomatoes pieces on it and press it
- Sprinkle little white til on it and shallow fry on tava, using a little butter, on both sides.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with ketchup and coriander chutney.
This recipe was contributed by monicalohia on 24 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.