Bread Snack ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 157 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38939 times
Here is a tasty and convenient alternative to bread sandwiches. In this delicious Bread Snack, cubed whole wheat bread slices are sautéed with crunchy, juicy veggies and tongue-tickling spice powders. While garam masala is a standard addition to such dishes, adding a dash of pav bhaji masala makes this snack quite different! With the pleasing aroma and flavour of their favourite snack, kids are sure to gobble up this tiffin treat within minutes. Allow to cool completely before packing, otherwise it will tend to sweat out and become soggy. If packed at room temperature, it will stay fresh and tasty for 4 hours. Also pack Minty Nimbu Pani ( Tiffin Treats) in a thermos flask for a perfect short break combo.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, garam masala, pav bhaji masala, chilli powder and salt and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the bread cubes and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||480.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||40.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.