Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1521 times
An innovative side dish recipe, Bread raita has soaked bread slices cut into circles and then topped with beaten curd and roasted cumin seed powder.
- Remove the coarse edges from the bread slices and dip in warm water for a few seconds.
- Squeeze the bread slices to drain the water and make them into round balls
- Fry the balls in oil to a golden brown colour and keep aside the fried balls
- Grind green chillies, 100 gms of coriander leaves, grated coconut, salt and mix into a paste with some water
- Mix the paste and curd and soak the fried bread balls in the curd
- Season with mustard and curry leaves
- Garnish with grated carrot and coriander leaves.
- Serve for 4 persons.
This recipe was contributed by susheelar on 17 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.