Bread Pudding By fk1579
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5144 times
Get ready to relish the bread pudding with this easy pudding dessert recipe. The bread pudding is prepared from sugar, soaked breads, cream, vanilla and served chilled after meals.
- Add two spoons of sugar to a bowl and add two spoons of water to it.
- Melt the sugar and allow
- It to spread on all sides of the bowl.
- Wait till the sugar solution becomes golden brown and also allow it to stick to the surface of the bowl.
- Keep aside this bowl of caramel for about ten minutes.
- It is better if you make this caramel before starting with the other mixture.
- Beat eggs and sugar till both mix well and become fluffy in eggbeater or mixie.
- Soak bread in milk for 30 minutes before hand.
- Add the bread and milk to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Beat all these well till it blends well. add vanilla essence to this above mixture and beat again.
- Now add the beaten eggs mixture to the caramelized bowl.
- Keep it under low pressure for about 45 minutes.
- If you don’t have a cooker then place this bowl in a bigger vessel with water.
- After the prescribed time remove it from the fire and check if the pudding is done by placing a tooth pick right in the center of the pudding.
- If the toothpick comes out clean, then your pudding is ready.
- Allow the pudding to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Place a serving plate on the bowl, but before
- This make sure you loosen the sides of the pudding.
- Invert the bowl so as to allow the pudding fall on the serving plate.
- Please see to it that you don’t select a very hollow bowl for this.
- It is better to serve a cold one.
This recipe was contributed by fk1579 on 14 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.